Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fun Times in the Hotel

Just so you know, I write this with an Irish accent, due to the manager who is on rotation from Ireland that gets his beautiful accent stuck in my head all day.

So on Sunday night the fire alarms went off in my hotel - this was right after I had acquired hypothermia on the architectural river tour of the city. Pictures later. Anyway, I was kind of paranoid that something in my room had started it - my takeout was too smoky? One of my appliance was plugged in and sparking? Well it wasn't me. I don't think it was anyone really. There wasn't smoke. Not even a fog machine! :)

Anyway, I have now found another reason to fear that a fire may be caused in my room - my bed! last night I was moving about after I had gone to bed, and I saw little flashes of light. They got worse the more I moved about. I finally discovered what they were - my bed has three wool blankets on it, and combined with the dry air, they were rubbing against each other and sparking! I could even hear the sparks and everything.

So then I spent a couple of minutes sitting up in bed slapping down my blankets wherever I could, just to watch the fireworks show! Astounding!

No comments: