Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tornado

So I'm sitting in our storage area / basement waiting for a tornado to hit.  The sirens kind of stopped, and we're in the cloudy/slightly rainy/windy phase.  The weather service told us that a tornado had touched down west of here, and it looks like the worst is at I-435, which is about two miles west, so it's only a matter of time before we either get hit or the warnings expire.

I got to meet our neighbors - a lady and her daughter.  Both very pleasant and talkative, even if the daughter is in that awkward stage between 3 and 11.  :) 

So we're sharing stories, and I really want to go outside and watch again, but Kristen suggested I blog.  

I've been thinking of what to blog about recently, and I've had some ideas, but when I get home, I'm not in the mood for blogging.  Obviously I got bored with the whole "Philadelphia" series (oh, not that Philly was boring - my interpretation of the attractions was boring, and I was not pleasing myself with the quality of my work).

This reminds me of another storm when I was a kid - I kept running upstairs, bringing toys down to save, and running back up again.  Of course, the next day I didn't want to carry them all back upstairs.  So I was materialistic as a kid...so sue me.  :)

Even now I find myself concerned about silly things - the house I just bought, my car, even though it's safe under a roof.  But I'm not too concerned because it looks like it will all go north.  
So, I suppose I should get back to socializing...or looking upstairs at the storm...either way, I'm sorry about the lack of quality posts lately - I have some good ideas for the future, but I'm on training next week, and we'll see...

No comments: