Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Typical Sunday

Well I have been reading Anna's blog, which is much better than mine. And I am thoroughly impresssed by the full life she leads! She has challenged me to seek out better opportunities for education and entertainment. But I also thought it would be nice to blog about what I am doing for a change, rather than what I think or feel. (The guys at work call blogging your "Feelings Journal.") So I thought I'd write about a typical Sunday, because this is one day that is usually the same each time I do it. And I don't mind, because it all goes back to that resting thing God wanted us to do. After a Saturday like yesterday, I needed this, and I was, as usual, sad to hit the 4:00 mark - the time on Sunday that I would have gotten home on a weekday, thus marking the end of any "extra" freetime over and above that.

6:00 - I woke up to take Maggie out - she is sleeping in my room now, but I still don't trust her enough to not have an accident when she first wakes up. Human or dog, we all have to hit the bathroom right away.
7:30 - Go to church. Sometimes it is donut day, so I go downstairs after church and grab a chocolate covered donut and a small coffee. It always takes longer to drink the coffee than eat the donut. I read the bulletin while doing this. The last couple of times, Anna and Patrick (her Irish husband) come and talk to me. Anna helped teach RCIA last year. They are an older couple who like to travel. He is very opinionated about Ireland and England. She is just a beautiful person. I think they must be within 10 years of my parents age, but they seem kind of older.
8:30 - Back from church. On non donut Sundays I sometimes buy the 49 cents drink from Quik Trip. I come back and usually take a nap.
10:00 - Nap is over. I work on my crossword puzzle. This is the giant one on my wall. I pour some Mountain Dew into a wine glass and work on the puzzle as long as the Dew lasts. I opene the curtains so the natural light can hit the puzzle. This has a much greater effect in the winter, and I love sitting up there on winter mornings in the sun!
11:00 - Took Maggie out to work on tracking. We had a long course today, but she pretty much followed it through!
12:00 - Went shopping. I do my grocery shopping on Sundays. Some weeks it's all out grocery shopping. Most weeks it's just fresh fruits and veggies. Today I had to buy shoes as well. I am mad - WalMart only carries one brand of shoes now.
1:00 - I come home and start cutting up my veggies and sorting the fruit into baggies to take for lunches this week. Today I also started a rib meal in the slow cooker. Then I made cookies. I was supposed to fry them, but it didn't turn out. I ended up baking them. I am now waiting for Kristen to come home and tell me if I can take them to work, or if I have to eat them myself.
3:00 - Done with all official tasks for the day. I spend the rest of the night (usaully until 9:00 - I'd like to go to bed at 8:00, but Kristen comes home then, and we inevitably talk) doing anything I want. Today it was a nap and blogging. On cooler days a walk is involved. Sometimes I write letters.

Boring - maybe - but I like the routine. I need the rest. I need to recouperate. I am already dreading next Sunday because I will be driving home, but I will cope somehow.

No comments: