Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goals

Allrightee...In line with what my friends Anna and Vanessa have been doing, I have decided to post some goals for 2008. Each girl picked 28 goals, and I couldn't come up with that many. I'm not sure if there's a magic reason for 28, but I picked 14 because it's half of 28, and I've only got half of 2008 to work with.

1. Adopt a child (like, in Africa - Food for the Hungry?)
2. Volunteer at MCFAA - not sure what the letters stand for exactly, but it's an organization that helps families with foster kids. As far as my status on this - I am already signed up to make goodies for their party at the end of May
3. Get involved at church - Join a LifeGroup
4. Get involved at church - Help out at Sunday School - I'm on standby
5. Get involved at church - Join the worship team
6. Host a wine and cheese party (or bubbly and cheese) - this requires having friends who can/will come.
7. Read a book on legalism
8. Renew my Marriott Platinum membership - 14 nights to go!
9. Cut back coffee to twice a week, and cut back pop as well
10. Write letters to friends estranged by distance
11. Write a book - amidst many book ideas right now. The goal is to finish one.
12. Find a new spiritual mentor
13. Give my "problems" to God
14. Read a book on "Anabaptists"

Well - I am on my way for a few of these, and maybe my friends can keep me accountable for some of the others. Most of them require continual work of sorts.

3 comments:

Vanessa Hoosier said...

The "magic" of 28 is that it was 2008 minus the two zeros. Haha! I'm a bit weird! I love your goals! How awesome!

Wade said...

Good luck with your goals, sounds like you are well on your way to geting several of them done already.

Anna Kristina said...

great goals! I adopted a child via world vision. You can even donate a little extra each month if you'd like to adopt an aids kid... if I remember right. I've got a link to check it out on my blog. I actually think I want to do a blog post featuring this! :)