Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Comfort

So I was sitting in training yesterday...it feels like weeks ago...feeling REAALLLY GOOOOOD. I mean, it was freezing - it's like an icebox! But I felt so peaceful about the world.

And I want to make it clear...peaceful...not bored.

At that moment I thought back to my insane job search and how stressed I was. Then, when it came down to the choice between PWC and KPMG, I found myself feeling really good about KPMG...which had actually been my last choice when I started the search.

So what does this mean? Well, besides my happiness, I can't help but think that God may have been pushing me towards this company. And right now I don't know what that would mean for me...is there an opportunity I can find and pursue, a person I'm supposed to meet? Is it something I'm supposed to do or something I'm supposed to learn? Is it a gift to me or a calling?

Honestly, some people wouldn't put as much stock in this as I would. In fact, I think I put a lot of pressure on an internship a few years ago to mean something for me, when in fact I think it was just an internship.

But this is different. This is a peace that comes with having made a good decision. This is a group of people who are more accepting of me in a week than some people I've known for years.

And that's all I wanted to say today: that God has given me a peace about this job that I am thankful for every day. Even when things start looking hard, there's always a silver lining or an opportunity. It's like an adventure everday.

No comments: