Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Chocolate

I have decided to take a break from my usual rantings and opinions to talk about some of the interesting things I'm seeing and experiencing here in Chicago.

There is the quaintest little downtown area in Naperville. It's got cute shops and restaurants. Adorable. And if you're ever in the southwest Chicago suburbs area, you have to stop in at
"Ethel's Chocolate Lounge."

In college I was introduced to the "coffee shop." It's a place people go to do homework, meet friends, conduct business, meet Christian guys (according to my friend - although I've never seen evidence of this), and, of course, to drink coffee.

This shop is like a coffee shop, only it's totally devoted to chocolate. Chocolate! What a wonderful idea! Now, granted, this idea is a little more girly, so I doubt you'll be meeting any Christian guys there - unless their girlfriends persuaded them to go. Actually, the place made me think of the little Tea House Harry Potter went to on is date with Cho Chang...nerdy, I know.

Anyway, it's decorated in pink and brown. There's chocolate like any candy store. But there's so much more. You can get a pair of cups of cocoa and a dozen or so little chocolate pieces. Then you take it back to one of the couches in the back, or some of the tables, and just chat and socialize with your friends! Better even than the cocoa deal - fondue!

I kid you not, doesn't this just sound like the best place to go on a winter Saturday morning? Actually, to me, it seems like you could have a serious chocolate overload if you go there. But as long as I'm writing reviews, I give the chocolate lounge three thumbs up, and I can't wait to go there again!

No comments: