Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Day in Chicago (More Recently, but Not Today)

We had a model train garden, where all the buildings were famous landmarks made entirely of wood or natural substances. And now the internet won't let me upload any more photos....so that was my day at the Botanical Gardens! Only backwards! Hey, I've got some really good Random Sarah posts coming up, but I'm going to try to catch up with my pictures...or maybe I'll start doing one per...that'll work!
The "water" gardens - you could look at lily pads - very modern looking!

I kind of grew tired of taking pictures after a while - mostly because it was all so beautiful! Thank goodness for digital cameras that don't run out of film!






Some of these pictures I'm more without comment. I just thought they were cool and should be shared. Not that I'm some photography guru who adds color and beauty to the world through her work. I just thought, for those who couldn't be there...and maybe as an incentive to go yourself someday!









This "secret" path kind of led me to nowhere, but it was kind of dreamy going down it!






Beautiful bridge over to the Japanese gardens. It's so simple and useful, and yet intriguing!






This Faun fountain reminded me of Mr. Tumnus. But it also made me think you could pull back the head and a doorway would open to a secret passage!








The English Garden was my favorite. Isn't this just the most perfect place to sit down and talk or read a book? Study?







I thought this rose very pretty. The gardens made me think about nature and humans. How nothing's perfect. As a whole, God's creation is perfect. But every thing has some flaw to it. The Amish and Muslims insert flaws into their artwork to convey the idea that man cannot create perfection. But I think God inserts it into nature to remind us that we cannot be perfect on our own.

No comments: