Monday, September 24, 2007

My Day in Chicago (A Long Time Ago)

This is the view from the Hancock Tower. It's shorter, but you can get closer to the window, so you can see practically straight down. Those buildings would be considered tall!
I took this photo from the top of the Sears Tower. I took a lot of photos up there, but I'm posting this one because a) the building looks cool, doesn't it? and b) That's the view to the south side of Chicago. Where the mafia had its run....

At the planetarium they had a huge exhibit on the Medieval times...I think the purpose was to show us how they watched the planets back in the day of limited means, and with superstitions abounding. Ironically, I got home that night and watched a TV show on Nostradamus - an astrologer. Anyway, I got to see what it was like to be a student at a Medieval university. Of course, I tried on a purple robe, but I'm not going to show that. Then I got to be the king of Ancient Babylon consulting the stars to determine if my empire was going to fall. I figured I could just consult Daniel....


The something something Planetarium...why can I not remember the name? Anyway, it was so pretty on the outside! So was the Field Musuem! Very Roman/Greek...just beautiful.












Apparently I get to show you my day backwards, because I can't figure out how to move the pictures around on the page. After being shrunk to 1/100th my size and exploring dirt, wandering through and ancient tomb, and Africa, I found the Hall of Plants! I took this picture for Janel, then, when I was done with the musuem (jewels were next....oooh....aaah) I actually went inside. At which point I experienced severe deja vu. I would experience it again later in the day....












This is a lovely view of the Chicago skyline as I took the boat taxi from Navy Pier to the Field Musuem. When I came in the first time on the airplane, we turned so I could see the skyline, and I thought, "Wow! It really is huge! It's more buildings than any city I've ever seen!" Then the plane turned some more, and I really saw Chicago.














1 comment:

Anna Kristina said...

Sarah... I love Chicago, and I love YOU!