Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Future Careers

So...it looks like I'm out of Chicago pictures. Who knew?

I have half a mind to publish the fairy tale I wrote for the Brouk children - with special additions for my blog.

However, it's about time I relate to everyone my plans for the future. I have a list of jobs that I am totally sure that I will, at some point in life, be performing. These ideas have been cooking in my head for some time, so I can assure you all that I am not acting rashly. However, in typical accounting fashion, I feel obliged to stratify them out into accounting jobs, jobs that require more college, and jobs that require less college. Personally, I find great pleasure in contemplating working at the last tier after I have accomplished all the degree requirements of the first tier.

And on a final note, some of these dreams are real. Others are about as real as naming my daughter Philadelphia. So keep an open mind.

And without further ado:

Accounting Jobs
Chief accountant of SEC
Partner who specializes in pharmaceuticals and then quits and becomes a stock analyst that talksa bout how Merck and Pfizer are doing
FBI Agent
Forensic accountant

Jobs that Require Further Degrees or Skills
Pharmacist
Lawyer
Doctor of Psychology - I can do millions of things with this, but one I'd like to do is specialize in guy/girl communications and use my knowledge to develop a flight training program geared towards women
Pilot - maybe professional, maybe a missionary pilot
Governor of Kansas - I have great plans for that state. Plans that are going to make me a shoe-in for the office

Jobs that Require Less Degrees or Skills
Motivational speaker/writer - This would be so easy if there was something I was passionate about! Maybe my Five Step Plan to Greater Self-Confidence! Maybe intercultural communications!
Backup singer/dancer
Waitress - particularly if I work at a country club. The goal is to do this after I get my doctorate in psychology along with my JD in law, and then if the rich millionaire's trophy wives are snooty with me, I can think, "Yeah, how many degress do you have?"
Bank teller
Pharmacy tech - I know I've done this one, but I really loved it! Grass is always greener, I suppose
Administrative assistant
Writer
Mailroom worker - how could I forget the first time around? Or alternatively mail carrier
DEA officer - like FBI agent but less accounting and more drugs and Spanish
Maid - I've thought it would be fun to be a hotel maid, but recently I've been thinking it would be cool to be an overnight janitor - mostly for the overnight part...it would be freaky to be in a large building all alone but fulfilling to have a set list of things to do and then go home
Nanny - of rich kids...because I don't really like kids...but if they were the Vogelsangs or under 3...

I feel as though I'm missing something really obvious here...if so, I guess I'll update the list.

No comments: