Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Hotel

And who would have guessed there'd be a beach in Chicago? Well...maybe the Chicagoans would have guessed....
This was actually somethiing I had considered including in my "Something Beautiful" post. Everyone thinks an egg was laid in Chicago! I didn't want to make a new post for a while, because I so love that song. But I have an unsual night of free time, and there are lots of fun posts that I think I can make!
I just want to say how wonderful my living condition is right now. For someone right out of college, I have it pretty nice. I have a maid, a concierge, and a cook! I also have a pool, rec room, and pool table. Pretty sweet, huh?
I've had one complaint only in my stay here: the people are too nice! What I mean is, I cannot pass a member of the staff without a, "Good morning!" "Good evening!" or "Have a nice day!" And those who know me, know how much I enjoy these trivialities.
Of course, what had annoyed me for a few weeks suddenly became meaningful a few days ago. Nothing happened, really. I just realized something. Other than personal preferences, and a staff that's really good at following instructions, there may be a deeper reason that everyone is so cheery around here.
I view this whole experience as an adventure. However, many of the people who are staying at this inn with me have lives that they have left to come up here. They may have families that they don't get to see except on hurried weekends. I bet it would be comforting to always be greeted and treated respectfully by the people you see every day. So I suppose I'll try not to let it bother me so much anymore.
Besides, I've been trying to stay away from pet peeves. Where are my accountability partners when I need them?

No comments: