Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Wardrobe

I knew a girl who said that she wanted to dress every day with the air of Aubrey Hepburn. I suppose all girls have similar sentiments - they have their "styles." They want to be "in-style" without losing their individuality.

Well, I guess I have a statement, too, although since I've started work, it's been harder to make. You know those adventure or drama movies where the action of the movie only takes place in the course of 48 hours or so? I think in literature they are called romances...but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I want to dress each day as if that day was to result in one of those crazy adventures where I'd be dragged all over the world, kick-boxing, running for my life, wwading through muddy rivers, and engaging in high speed car chases and wrecks. Of course, my wardrobe would get ruined, but the memories would be worth keeping!

This kind of adventure takes a very special type of outfit! Layers are a must - and finally we have a reason for my "power" jacket. I also think something slightly unique would help - whoever heard of going on adventures in a plain old T-shirt? It has to be something that the women in the audience will think, "That's a cute outfit" even when it's covered in grime.

Essentially, it would have to be one that I'd have fun wearing for 48 hours straight as well. (Oh, and comfort's a given).

Now, I have these shoes that are kind of like ballett slippers - and they're stylish! But they're great because they protect my feet and yet give me the ability to feel everything I'm doing, all the texture of the ground. It makes it feel like I would be light on my feet when called to run for my life and yet my feet would be protected when the glass shatters and I have to run on that as well.

So I suppose when I go shopping for my winter wardrobe (by the way, these adventures are best to be had in the warmer seasons), I suppose I should look for clothes that are both exciting and business appropriate.

By the way, sorry for posting about clothes, but I'd like to think it's not typical

No comments: