Wednesday, January 23, 2008

National Compliment Day

I don't know how I got into this strange cycle - I am always thinking up little things to post on my blog, but then my mind goes blank by the time I get to the website. I did, however, find time recently to add on to my little mobster story -given new inspiration, of course, from watching the Godfather...how did they take sweet little Mikey and turn him into a hardened criminal?

Anyway, the big news right now is that I'm going back to Chicago! Yes, in my little fanatsy fairy tale, the Knights guarding Doom Mansion have sounded the trumpet for help, and I have responded! Who knows how long I shall tarry there - perchance they will change their minds and send me home early. But apparently it's a mutual addiction - yes, I'll be modest about it - they love me there. :)

Anyway, today's National Compliment Day, as I heard on the radio, and I thought it would be "my" day because I'm apparently always dolling out random compliments that make no sense...and may only actually be compliments in my twisted mind.

Anyway, I started scrolling through facebook to compliment all my friends, but it's harder than I thought. First of all, there are a lot of friends on there that I can't just give random compliments out to - I don't know them that well.

Then there's the shallowness of it all. I mean, I am usually sincere in compliments, but if I come out of the blue and tell someone they have a great heart, it feels weird. So I feel as though all my compliments are centering around shallow things - profile pictures, changes in hair, etc.

Everyone likes to get a compliment, but I'm just at a loss tonight...

No comments: