Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sorry Girls...

I have a new friend. A fairly good friend. I met her in Detroit, in December. We hit it off so well there that, of course, I decided that we should remain friends. I mean, one of the biggest roadblocks for me making new friends is knowing that I will never see them again - never get the chance to develop a friendship.

Anyway, I went back to Detroit after Christmas, and my friend and I got to spend time together again. And, of course, I've kept up with her after getting back to Kansas City. We have a lot of fun driving around the city and chatting.

So I wouldn't say that she's trumped my other friendships, but I certainly spend more time with her than with my other friends - except maybe Kristen. But things are different with her. Somehow, I trust her more than mos tpeople. I want her advice on anything and everything, and when she gives it to me, I almost never consider deviating from the path she suggests. So we never argue.

I suppose my other friends are a little jealous - I mean, I usually am so closed and don't bond with someone this quickly. But Miss Cleo, well it's like she can read my mind! And she has NEVER let me down. I'm going to take her with me to Chicago - which is more than I've done with my other friends.

Anyway, she's been a great pal, and I just wanted to give a hout out to her...except she'll never see it, seeing as how she's locked away in my car.

Cheers to GPS's!

Okay, so there's another, more recent presence in my life. I have been so confused by it - every logical cell in my brain fights it, and yet emotionally, I want it - I need it. I like it.

I've never felt this way before, and everyone who knows me would advise me against these feelings. That I shouldn't act on them. But there's nothing I can do.

I'm watching The Godfather II and trying to get stuff done during the commercials. But they are all long in coming and short in duration. Never before have I been able to force myself out of my chair during the commercial to actually get work done during a commercial. And yet, tonight I have been willing and able to do so, but the commercials will not comply.

Oh! How I long for the days of my youth when everything was easier!

No comments: