Friday, January 4, 2008

Sarah's Five Step Four Step Plan for Greater Self-Confidence

Well, I don't want to write about this today because I have other thoughs running through my head. Like: if you were a princess stranded in a tower, what could the handsome prince throw up to you to make you fall in love with him? :)

But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

So last summer started off terribly - I discovered that I had a major inheritance, was financially secure, and went to Disney World with my sister. Okay, so it wasn't all terrible, but I'm serious about the financial bit - it's no fun if you don't have to try!

Anyway, I was struggling with confidence. Namely it boiled down to this - there are so many other girls out there who everyone likes, and I couldn't figure out why. And then I figured it out - it was all about confidence. The act of believing you are...well, whatever, is almost as good as actually being it!

So I set out to find my confidence.

I came up with a five step program - it mostly dealt with appearance (haircut, makeup, etc.) And of course, much like my "Nine Step Seven Step Plan to Discovering the Church That's Right for Me," there were really only four steps.

And the zero step.

The zero step, contrary to what you may think, does not, apply towards the five steps. It is much too important for that.

The zero step is, essentially this: once you decide to be more confident, it doesn't matter what you actually do, it will work. I mean, everything I did turned out wrong! But it didn't get me down, because I had decided to do something. Instead of moping about not being the most popular, or feeling down on myself, I decided to do something about it. And that was the most important step.

So, next time you want to do something to boost your self esteem - or do anything else for yourself - lose weight, learn to tap dance. The first step is the most important - to do something, to commit to whatever it is you have decided to do. To stop moping about what's not perfect, and just do it.

No comments: